Basically, the award was created to help you learn more about the person behind the blog. In this award, I am meant to share 7 things about myself and nominate some new bloggers. If you would like to see the rules please click here.
7 things about me:
1. I am trying to grow a Sakura tree in South Africa from seeds and so far have not had any luck or success. I will keep trying to get it right and will not give up, but just in case, does anyone have advice on how to do this? Where I stay in SA, it is very hot hand dry but we do get decent rainfall in the rainy season.
2. I tutor English, but my main focus with that is helping children with ‘learning difficulties’ like dyslexia to improve their reading and learn to discover the joy of reading. I have discovered that my own struggle with dyslexia has given me a few ‘hacks’ that I am now passing along.
3. I am really bad with time management and schedules. I am better with winging it and making up my days and time as I go along.
4. Currently, I am working on two book series that I really hope one day will be published and enjoyed by some people. I am an avid reader and hope that I too can share the joy in the same way that I have received from authors. It has been a dream of mine since 6’th grade. That was all the way back in 2005.
5. I love learning new things. Whether it is adding to my wealth of overall pointless general knowledge or gaining a new skill, I enjoy it. I am constantly signing up for webinars and promptly forgetting to actually attend them. Yeah, perhaps I should take a time management course…or maybe work on my memory?
6. I tend to not work in a set order flow. Especially when writing. I usually start with my basic layout and then hop around until all the ‘blanks’ are filled in. With this post, I started with my intro, then picked my nominees, did my conclusion, made my header image and then went to fill in my 7 facts. I started with number 1,2,3 and then jumped to 7 back to 5 and then 4 and lastly this one at number 6. This can make it hard for others to work with me but makes it easy for me to find the flow and connect others work into a single unified project.
7. I find it really hard to talk about myself and my mind tends to go blank really quickly. Actually, I just find it hard to talk in general. I have forgotten how to generate a conversation and carry one. Perhaps I need more actual real-world interactions to really strengthen that skill again.
My nominees are:
- 100 Word Anime Blog
- The Otaku Judge
- Anime Girls NYC
- In The Cubbyhole
- Mel in Anime Land
- The Moyatorium
- Shojo Thoughts: Otaku Ramblings
- Umai Yomu Anime Blog
I choose the above blogs and bloggers honestly because I want to learn more about them and think it would fun. I have not done 15 as was instructed and I did not exactly follow the rules 100% but I had fun either way. Sorry for not mentioning the blogger names, I wanted to highlight your blog (^^,)
Thank you, Keiko, for nominating me (^^,)